Monday, December 7, 2009

Sephora Haul


On Sunday I went to the Walden Galleria in Buffalo, NY.  And knowing me I just had to go to the Sephora there.  I always love shopping at Sephora in the US because their prices are so much cheaper than ours.  I managed to get my hands on Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance.  I couldn't decide between the two so I ended up getting them both.  I've seen so many reviews on these two eyeshadow primers that I just had to try them out.  Plus they'd be a great addition to my makeup kit.  This week I'm putting Too Faced Shadow Insurance to the test.  Look out for a future review on both primers.  My usual eye primer of choice is Laura Mercier's Eye Basics in the color Wheat.  I've been using this for years now but it wouldn't hurt to try something new.  In addition to my haul I purchased a Nars eyeshadow in Silent Night (gold color) which is a limited editon eyeshadow. Finally, upon checkout I was surprised that I had accumulated over 600 Beauty Insider points!  I ended up using 500 points and scored a free Kat Von D Limited Edition Rock 'N Roll Palette.  I was told by the cashier that this palette is not available for purchase in stores and you can only get it if you use 500 Beauty Insider points.  It's a beautiful palette with colors I would definately wear day or night.  Today I'm wearing it and so far so good!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Love UBD's primer but have been wanting to try Too Faced version. I don't buy enough makeup anymore at Sephora to use bonus points! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was leaning on the fence about using my 500 pts but I couldn't give up a great 'sample'! Thanks Joy!

    ReplyDelete