Friday, September 4, 2009

MAC 217 Dupe






We all know that the MAC 217 is one of the best blending brushes out there right? Well I'be been trying to find a great dupe for the 217 for the longest time and little did I know I had one all along! It actually never struck me because I had always been reaching for my 217. Except for one particular day, my 217 was extremely dirty and I had to reach for another blending brush. So I picked up my Sephora #29 which I hadn't used in a long time. I had forgotten how great this brush was! It was almost like it was blending my eye shadow just like the MAC 217! So I decided to compare the two. And boy was I shocked! They were almost EXACTLY the same! Same bristle head shape but different handle size and animal hair. I couldn't believe all this time I was searching and it was right in front of me! If you're looking for a more affordable alternative to the MAC 217 then the Sephora #29 is the brush for you! Check out my pics for a comparison.      
                           
Top: MAC 217 ($22.50 USD)
Bottom: Sephora 29 ($15.00 USD)






Front view


Side view                                                                     







www.maccosmetics.com
www.sephora.com

1 comment: